We are an I.D.T.A (International Dance Teachers Association) affiliated dance school. Examinations can be taken in all subjects (except street dance) through the I.D.T.A; one of the world’s leading examination boards;
Successful completion of higher exam grades including intermediate and advanced levels accrues UCAS tarrif points, potentially helping pupils to achieve entry requirements to some Universities (depending on the course being studied.)
The IDTA is an Ofqual, CCEA and Qualifications Wales recognised awarding organisation and a member of; the British Dance Council, the Council for Dance Education and Training (CDET), the Federation of Dance Awarding Bodies (FDAB), the Sport & Recreation Alliance (SRA) and the Theatre Dance Council International (TDCI).
Exam Success December 2018:
- 100% pass rate, with 97% of ALL people who took an exam in December 2018 achieved a distinction (highest award possible!
- Congratulations to Krissy Sutch for achieving 90% for Advanced 1 modern and Katherine Lester for achieving 93% for Advanced 1 Modern and being nominated for an I.D.T.A Scholarship in February 2020…
- Congratulation to group 6&7 for achieving 95% in their group musical theatre exam – a new Mareli record!
Exam Success from 2016 to November 2018!
- 331 dance exams were taken with 100% pass rate!
- 151 out of 331 pupils achieved a distinction or honours (highest achievable category)
- 119 out of 331 pupils achieved a high merit (80+) or highly commended
- 46 out of 331 pupils achieved a merit (75+) or commended
- 7 out of 331 achieved a straight pass.
- All students entered for major examinations at intermediate and advanced level achieved distinctions!